Julian Runs!

Here lies a record of my humble attempts at long-distance sport.. but what the heck, I Love It!

Friday, April 14, 2006

Dog run..

Hey all..

To be honest, it has been a busy two months for me... March was just filled with M!, and this month with more stuff about work. But for me it's a good thing. Been busy preparing some music for some upcoming gigs, rehearsals, etc.

The only drawback - I haven't been training since KLIM! I haven't even touched my bike in weeks, except one night when I took it out to meet some friends for mamak! Runs have been intermittent, sometimes only once a week. I've been swimming a little more though, working on my Total Immersion drills. Man, these drills have to be done, one drill at a time, because it takes a while to get used to even ONE drill. If it's easy, sometimes two drills. I went for a swim yesterday (Wednesday), and I only worked on two drills. That itself took an hour at least.

Anyway, after not running for almost a week, I was feeling rather crazy today. I was smashed from a long day on Wednesday (had a recording late night too), so I slept most of the day today, and managed to practice my horn a little bit. But I was so itchy to get my muscles worked up and I needed some adrenalin, so I just took my dog out for a nice evening run. Although I managed to only cut in about 45 to 50 minutes (including some recovery walks), but it was quite fulfilling.

I'm beginning to get frustrated with the fact that there isn't a suitable area around my new place to run. ANd it was too late to go out and drive all the way to Lake Gardens to run. *Sigh*

Well, might squeeze in a run tomorrow, and then gig at Top Room @ Top Hat with the David Gomes Quartet. Check it out at my Julian's Head blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home