Julian Runs!

Here lies a record of my humble attempts at long-distance sport.. but what the heck, I Love It!

Monday, May 08, 2006

Running in Taiwan..

The last couple of days have been pretty great.. the gig went very well, it was very exhilirating to say the least. And we got to meet some cool celebrities like Jeff Chang, Sylvia Chang, Emil Chau, Fish Leung and some others.

After my last post, I retired to the fact that the treadmill in the Sheraton gym will be my only source of workout, so I decided to go with it. But since I am still unable to hold my attention on it for a long time, I decided to go with a training tip I got once from Runners' World (or at least I think I got it from there!). It's basically training to burn fat. To run for 30 minutes (or if that's the only time you have to work out), run the first 10 minutes easy, and the remaining 20 at up to 85% of maximum heart rate. So, with that I managed to do that for three consecutive days even up to the concert. And it was probably one of the best things to have done at the moment, as it definitely kicked up a lot of endorphins to get me to play my best during the gig, and get some workout in the process!

Anyway, now that I'm out of Sheraton (everyone's left early this morning back to KL), we're moved to a less luxurious hotel at our own expense, so that we could hang around Taiwan for the next three days. It doesn't have a gym, so walking around town will be my exercise now.

Oh well, can't wait to get back to KL to do some decent workout. I'm dying to go cycling, again. I haven't touched my bike in probably over a month now.

Later...

1 Comments:

Blogger TriStupe said...

eh, do interval like i do once a week.

warm up for 5 minutes at 10km/h then:

Over a 5k distance, do:

1x1k @ 12kmh
1x1k @ 11kmh
1x800m @ 12.5kmh
1x800m @ 12kmh
1x400m @ 12.8kmh
1x400m @ 12kmh
1x200m @ 13kmh
1x200m @ 12.5kmh
1x100m @ 14kmh
1x100m @ 12kmh

should be able to clock in about 25mins for 5k work.

Don't worry, my heart was working in it's 175bpm region ie >85% at the fast interval.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home