Julian Runs!

Here lies a record of my humble attempts at long-distance sport.. but what the heck, I Love It!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Back from Shenzhen and running!

Hey all..

Got back from Shenzhen two days ago. I totally didn't run or do any workouts in Shenzhen, at all. There was no gym, no pool, and it was too dangerous to go out and run alone. So in that sense, I probably didn't enjoy Shenzhen that much. Luckily it was a short trip of four days.

Anyway, I was dying for a run, so I managed to do one today at Lake Gardens. It didn't last too long, about 36 minutes, and even then it was a run-walk situation. Not less than 10 minutes, my heart rate spiked up so high to about over 85% of max. So this is how my fitness level is at the moment. Sigh.. it's like going back to square one. But my next overseas trip won't be until early July, so I'll be training or at least working out a little more. Maybe might join the PJ Half 10K or something... haven't decided yet.

I also met Justin and Kenneth the KNN man when I finished my workout, and they were about to start theirs. It was such a nice feeling to see them again, it was such a long time ago since I last saw them. Their work-places have changed, so KLCC park won't be a regular visit for them anymore. But as they told me, the situation is a little different now, work has a little more priority these days, and they don't train as much as they used to in the ol' days... and they only can fit in whatever workout they can. I can relate.

I definitely miss the KLCC sessions (not to say I was there as often as they were), but it was definitely a nice feeling of communion when I was running there a lot more then. I guess nothing good will last forever. Things will change, people will change, but for us, one thing will not change: Our desire to RUN!

Go Pacemakers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home