Julian Runs!

Here lies a record of my humble attempts at long-distance sport.. but what the heck, I Love It!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Getting back in shape!

After my 6-hours teaching escapades at Sedaya College, I went to Lake Gardens for my run, even with the impending threat of rain. It had rained a bit earlier, so I gather it might not rain as much again.

Just as I was about to start my run at about 7-something, I met Justin who had just arrived, and as we waited for Kenny Tan to arrive we chatted and did jumps to warm up a bit. Since both of them were doing easy-run today (they were doing some hard runs and workouts the day before), I decided on tagging with them as long as I could. So we ran into the lake area out to Carcosa road, back into the lake area, and up the hill past the deer park and out towards the Planetarium. Then it was until we reached the mosque where we parted ways. Justin and Kenny went on to do about 10k I think, and I did about almost 6k, I think.


Some analysis of the run:

Time: 45mins
Distance: approx 6k (give or take a few)
Heart rate: 157 aveHR, 173 maxHR

I was running in a relaxed pace, but was trying out increasing my leg turnover by reducing my leg stride. I was maintaining a steady pace with Justin and Kenny, so I did end up running ALL the way until I finished my run. That I think is an improvement from last week's workout, where I was brisk walked a few stretches. But I gotta thank Justin and Kenny for taking it easy so I could pace with them!

The run felt very good, and my heart rate was quite controlled for most part, and it didn't go TOO high up, even when going up the hills. I think it was a fairly moderate-effort run, and I might go for another one tomorrow. Either that or it's the gym, maybe do some quick weights. We'll see how.

Small steps to get back in the groove...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home