Julian Runs!

Here lies a record of my humble attempts at long-distance sport.. but what the heck, I Love It!

Friday, August 04, 2006

Reboot III

The weather was right, the timing was right... so what do you do? Go for a run lah!

I've been enjoying my run the last two days, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, and I also just realised I managed to do 4-workout days last week!

Wednesday, 2 Aug

Went outside from my place to a nearby neighborhood (Bukit Mewah Phase 8) just out from the Silk Highway. Continued with the run/walk intervals, but I've increased them to 12-minutes run and 1-1:30 minutes walk for recovery. And since the route also involved hills, I was guaranteed a fairly thorough workout! Heck the immediate road outside my house is a downward slope, so the last few hundred meters back to my house is already an uphill! Go figure!

Total running time: 1 hour
Distance: Approx 6 - 7km.
Details: 10-minutes warm-up jog, 1.5 minutes stretch, two 12-minute runs with two one to one and a half mins of walk, and remainder last few minutes of uphill running to complete the 1 hour timing.

Thursday 3 Aug

Went to Lake Gardens at around 6.30pm, and started workout around 7pm. Weather was also excellent, nice after-rain cool, just good for a medium long run. Only setback was that I forgot my HR monitor strap. Then I decided to go with just listening to my body while running and not worry too much about my heart rate.

Total workout time: 1 hour
Total running time: 56 minutes (10 min warmup, two 15 min easy run, one 16 min easy run, and several 1 - 1.5 min walk intervals).

Legs really felt a bit of burn after I finished working out... it was nice feeling.. haven't felt that in a while.

To quote Arnold again...

"Ahll bee baakkkkk"

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Pang said...

welcome back!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home